Online PD for K12 Schools & Districts

School PD Requirements in Oklahoma

What professional development requirements does a school in Oklahoma need to meet?

The following are some of the OK PD requirements for the 2020-2021 school year:

There are also health-related PD requirements, including requirements for Alcohol and Drug Awareness, Bloodborne Pathogens, Diabetes Management, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) & Heimlich Maneuver, Health Education, Seizure Rescue Training, Sudden Cardiac Arrest Training, and more. More information on school PD requirements can be found here.

Effective for the 2022-2023 school year, there is a new Science of Reading PD requirement once every school year for PK-5 teachers in districts receiving greater than $2500 in RSA funds.

How do I get free clock hours for teachers in my school?

OK schools can enroll their teachers in Keeping Kids Safe, a free clock hour class. This free online PD course is a great introduction to recognizing and preventing human trafficking for educators.


Get ConnectedPD


online PD for schoolsLooking for online continuing education for one educator?
Check out 100% online PD at!


How do I contact the OK State Department of Education?
Contact the OK State Department of Education
2500 North Lincoln Boulevard
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105
(405) 521-3301


Disclaimer: Please ensure the information and courses meet requirements for your school and circumstances and align with what your state Department of Education requires. The new continuing education information and school PD requirements in Oklahoma listed on this page are current as of June 9th, 2021 to meet the best information available. State professional development  requirements and may change and it is your responsibility as a school administrator to know your state staff development requirements and the process for submission and approval of all professional and staff development hours. Professional Learning Board can not guarantee acceptance by your school, district, state Department of Education or local authority.

Back to Top