School PD Requirements in Oklahoma
What professional development requirements does a school in Oklahoma need to meet?
The following are some of the OK PD requirements for the 2020-2021 school year:
- Autism PD for certified employees & support staff who work with students in early childhood to third grade (once every 3 years).
- Bullying Prevention PD for certified employees and support staff (once every school year).
- Child Abuse and Neglect; Child Sexual Abuse Awareness & Reporting PD for certified employees and support staff (once every school year).
- Digital Teaching and Learning for certified teachers (frequency determined by local board).
- Dyslexia Awareness PD once each school year for all certified staff.
- LEAs serving one or more EL students are required to provide annual, EL-specific PD activities.
- Family & Community Engagement for school personnel.
- FERPA (Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act) for certified employees & support staff (once every school year).
- Mental Health PD certified employees and support staff (year 1 and then every third year).
- Workplace safety training for 7-12 grade teachers (frequency determined by local board).
- Hazardous Communications (once every school year).
- Human Trafficking for certified employees and support staff.
- Racial & Ethnic Education for certified employees and support staff (type and frequency determined by local board of education).
- Suicide Awareness training for all school district staff (biennial basis).
There are also health-related PD requirements, including requirements for Alcohol and Drug Awareness, Bloodborne Pathogens, Diabetes Management, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) & Heimlich Maneuver, Health Education, Seizure Rescue Training, Sudden Cardiac Arrest Training, and more. More information on school PD requirements can be found here.
Effective for the 2022-2023 school year, there is a new Science of Reading PD requirement once every school year for PK-5 teachers in districts receiving greater than $2500 in RSA funds.
How do I get free clock hours for teachers in my school?
Looking for online continuing education for one educator?
Check out 100% online PD at RenewaTeachingLicense.com!
How do I contact the OK State Department of Education?
Contact the OK State Department of Education
2500 North Lincoln Boulevard
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105
Disclaimer: Please ensure the information and courses meet requirements for your school and circumstances and align with what your state Department of Education requires. The new continuing education information and school PD requirements in Oklahoma listed on this page are current as of June 9th, 2021 to meet the best information available. State professional development requirements and may change and it is your responsibility as a school administrator to know your state staff development requirements and the process for submission and approval of all professional and staff development hours. Professional Learning Board can not guarantee acceptance by your school, district, state Department of Education or local authority.