School PD Requirements in Montana

What professional development requirements does a school in Montana need to meet?

Administrative Rules of Montana require all schools to have policies and procedures addressing bullying behavior in schools, on school buses, at school-sponsored activities, and online.


online staff development

The OPI recommends that rural districts with low incidence EL populations design professional development to build the capacity of all teaching staff who will work with ELs.

job embedded

The MT legislature recommends that school employees take at least 2 hours of youth suicide awareness and prevention training every 5 years.

According to Montana Code, a school district must provide structured support and assistance to teachers in identifying and meeting the diverse student needs of gifted and talented students and a framework for considering a full range of alternatives for addressing student needs.

Looking for online continuing education for one educator?

School PD Requirements

How do I contact the MT Office of Public Instruction?

Contact the Montana Office of Public Instruction
PO Box 20250
Helena, MT 59620-2501

state department of education

Disclaimer: Please ensure the information and courses meet requirements for your school and circumstances and align with what your state Department of Education requires. The new continuing education information and school PD requirements in Montana listed on this page are current as of October 23rd, 2023 to meet the best information available. State professional development  requirements and may change and it is your responsibility as a school administrator to know your state staff development requirements and the process for submission and approval of all professional and staff development hours. Professional Learning Board can not guarantee acceptance by your school, district, state Department of Education or local authority.

Back to Top